Teaching Assistant/Learning Mentor Job Description
5 days per week
6 month term time contract position from February 2022
£9 to £15 per hour
Designated Safeguarding Lead/KS3 Lead
SV Academy, 6 Eltham High Street London SE9 1DA
• Working with pupils in small groups
• Helping pupils with study skills, revision and examination techniques
• Supporting anti-bullying strategies and encouraging pupils to build constructive relationships with staff and fellow students
• Supporting enjoyable activities that will increase young people's skills and confidence
• Supporting young people in organising their own activities and projects
• Supporting projects relating to issues like health awareness, the environment, bullying, truancy, substance misuse or crime
• Helping young people to deal with challenges affecting their learning and work opportunities
• Supporting student participation and encourage them to voice their opinions and suggestions
• Preparing and maintaining course equipment, premises and the classrooms, and with the administrative assistant, booking clients onto courses
• Preparing, distributing and collecting registration forms and other data from clients
• Supporting the teacher and Head of Learning in the delivery of accredited course
• Maintaining the security and safety of course and classroom equipment
• Assisting the teacher with the preparation, recording and mastering of musical materials produced in the classroom
• Maintaining teaching and learning materials.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Able to command the trust and respect of young people
• Able to motivate and influence young people
• Open-minded and non-judgemental
• Flexible, adaptable and creative in solving problems
• Sincere, patient and calm, with a good sense of humour
• Good at teamwork and using their initiative
• Good at organisation and time management
• Knowledgeable about relevant laws, such as child protection, confidentiality and equal opportunities
• Good at administration and using computers.
• Have excellent communication, listening skills and able to empathise with clients
• Understand the issues, concerns and interests of young people without being patronisingan ability to prioritise, manage and complete a variety of tasks.
• Knowledge of Cubase, Reason and music production software OR media production, video production, radio broadcasting, web design or animation software
• Knowledge of the music / media production process
• Excellent personal conduct and an ability to act as a role model to clients • A can-do attitude.
• Required for a 6 month term time contract position from February 2022 (tentative start date).
• Working up to 5 days a week, between the hours of 9.30am – 6.30pm
• Post is subject to a probationary period and a starting salary of £9 to £15 per hour (depending on experience and qualifications).
• Location: 6 Eltham High St SE9 1DA
• We expect all staff to undertake the agreed responsibilities in a professional manner and to work in a spirit of mutual respect for colleagues in StreetVibes Youth
• We would expect you to demonstrate behaviour that is consistent with StreetVibes Youth’s values.
• You will be provided with a briefing to the role and responsibilities and support where identified either pre assignment or during assignment.
• We would encourage you to engage in the nature of StreetVibes Youth work such as attending youth, music and partner briefings/talks/training, reading e-bulletins, newsletters and other materials, where available.
• You are accountable to the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead in terms of your activities and tasks and the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead is accountable to you for ensuring a clear role brief, support and for ensuring your health and safety in the workplace